Sunday, May 1, 2016

Reflection #11 5/1

Kamryn
Intro to Humanities

           My second semester 20% Project is going to be me learning to bake and cook many new things. Happy Decision Day Everyone!!! Pitt 2020 here I come!!!! On another note, this week I was bored and scrolling down my Facebook page and came across a video for churro bowls!!! I was like yumm, I am going to make a churro bowl for my 20% project. So, I got 1/4 cup of butter, 2 tbsp. of brown sugar, 1 cup of water, and 1/2 tsp. of salt and brought it to a boil. After it was boiling and the butter melted, I added 1 cup of flour and stirred it until in a ball, turning down the stove heat. I did not do it as long as I was supposed to and you can tell by the consistency of the dough. I didn't know any better though! Then I turned off the stove and mixed in four eggs separately and adding 1 tsp. of vanilla extract. Then, I put the dough in a piping tool and I tried to make the bowls using an inverted muffin pan, but the dough kept slipping down and I just made circles on a cookie sheet after spraying it with Pam. Then, I put it in the freezer for 5 hours, instead of 3 because I went to the mall. Next, I fried the churros. Once brownish, I took them out and drained the oil on paper towel. Of course the first two were burned on the outside and uncooked on the inside because I let the oil boil for too long. Well once I got them the right texture, I rolled them in cinnamon sugar and they were ready to eat!!They look weird, but tasted pretty good.


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your Decision! That does look delicious. What did you learn by making it?

    ReplyDelete