Monday, April 4, 2016

Reflection 7

Over break, I visited the Museum of Modern Art and made sure to see the drawings section. It was really great! I found it very helpful as a way to remind me that drawings can be anything and can be done anyway. Some of the best drawings looked like they were made out of scribbles. One artwork that I particularly liked was drawn solely out of crayon. While I'm sure my drawings are not MoMA level, I did find it inspiring to see million dollar artworks that were not always photorealistic drawings. That being said, I started working with colored pencils and was a bit disheartened. I thought blending colors seamlessly wouldn't be too difficult, and I was wrong. I definitely need more practice but am hopeful I will get better because it really would be nice to add color to my drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment