Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Reflection Week 15

Though I failed to finish the video by the deadline for C-SPAN's StudentCam project, I still would to finish it somehow. Fortunately, I have excerpts from videos and other forms of information that I can present in class. When I started off with this project, which took my awhile to actually start, I knew that the Citizens United was a complex and important court case, but now I know even more about it and the parts that make it up. One interesting thing that I learned is that Hillary Clinton, who is leading in national polling in the 2016 Democratic Primaries, takes advantage of what the majority in Citizens United ruled. The lobbying group Citizens United created a political documentary about Hillary Clinton during the 2008 Democratic Primaries, and it was shown on television within thirty days of the first elections of the Primary. The distribution of the film was in violation of §203 of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (BCRA).

No comments:

Post a Comment