Monday, March 7, 2016

REFLECTION 3.0

This week I planned to practice using new seasonings in foods that I have already learned how to cook. I began my preparation in class by researching different ways to season already known meal. I discovered a source that boasted 60 different ways I could season chicken. I was immediately intrigued with the Brown Sugar Chicken recipe that was offered. Personally I have no experience in eating or cooking such a dish prior to this week. Therefore, I was not sure how it should taste and how it would come together. I proceeded to gather the ingredients and follow the instructions as commanded by the recipe. I also enlisted some of my mom's support  and advice while cooking, but for the most part it was a solo effort. The chicken came out quite well boasting the qualities that the recipe said the final product would. Most importantly I was introduced to new spices such as brown sugar, paprika, and oregano; I hope apply this new knowledge of the characteristics of the spices aforementioned in future dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment