Sunday, March 6, 2016

Reflection 3

This week I finally bought my yarn. I was really hoping to find something really soft and comfortable, but that's really difficult when you're on a budget. I went to ACMoore with my mom and we looked at a bunch of different yarns, and I noticed that they had some sample swatches. After feeling pretty much every single type of yarn, I settled on the brand Caron. I'll put in a picture of it at the end. Anyway I found a really nice knitting pattern that I'm going to try and follow. I'll insert the link to that here (http://www.allfreeknitting.com/Knitted-Sweaters/Favorite-Fashion-Sweater-from-Patons-Yarn) The sweater in the picture uses two different colors, but I'm only planning on using one. I like the way it looks in the picture. So, I did my gauge swatch and I'll put a picture of that at the bottom as well. I got about 24 stitches in 6.5 inches. The pattern calls for 20 stitches in 4 inches, so I'd have to make my stitches a little bit tighter. I asked my mom about this and she said it shouldn't be a big deal if its a little bit off. All that will do is make the sweater a little bit looser, and I don't mind that. Overall, this week was pretty productive. I'm excited to start working on the actual thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment