Friday, March 4, 2016

Week 2

It has been a busy week but also a fun week. Lent has started . And Friday I cooked fish. Fish is a tricky dish to cook because it has to be cooked perfectly.  Undercooking it makes it inedible and so does overcooking it. But I did it ! I made breaded tilapia. But in the breading I added lemon rind and a bunch of herbs (parsley, oregano and just a pinch of rosemary) and garlic. I put it in the oven to bake for a while. With my moms help, we cooked it to perfection. The breading was crispy and the fish soft. It was so quick to prepare and make. I didn't have to do too much (Or dirty too many dishes) making it a quick fix when I'm bustling around.

Saturday I made tacos. I know it's an easy dish to make but I never made them myself. I mixed ground beef and turkey together with beans and barbecue sauce (it made the meat a good kind of sweet). And then just stuffed the taco shells with it and topped with cheese. I poured out the other additions commonly found on tacos into bowls so that my family could simply make their own tacos to their liking. I learned a cool way to cut up an avocado though (will insert pictures in next post and step by step instructions). This method saved me a lot of time. Usually I peel the skin off and cut around the pit. But there's actually an easier way.

That's all for this week. Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment