Friday, March 4, 2016

Week 1

Week 1

Cooking. With college coming up (and the fact that I'll have my own place to live in by myself) it means I should probably start preparing now. So cooking is a good 20% project in my opinion. In addition to cooking , and to monitor my achievements as well as have an actual reference to food items, I'm concocting my own cook book. I hope to average 2 - 3 new recipes a week. Time permitting of course.

Week one. Interesting. I took it easy. This week was s fun week to test the waters with how I feel about cooking. So I made things I had a craving for. I baked soft and chewy brown sugar oatmeal cookies. They were absolutely delicious and surprisingly easy. I baked them twice in one week. I found out a few tricks the second time around--leave the butter out over night. It helps with the mixing. And don't use sea salt. It clumps.

I also tried a chocolate chip cookie off of a Hershey's chocolate chip bag. It was the same basic format as the oatmeal - butter , flour, egg. I also baked these twice. The first time I used raw sugar because it's all I had. But the second time I used white sugar. And I have to say the white sugar is super sweet in a bad way. It doesn't compare to the raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment