Thursday, March 10, 2016

Reflection #4 3/10

Kamryn
Intro to Humanities
   
           My second semester 20% Project is going to be me learning to bake and cook many new things. This week I learned two new dishes. So, something that could go to a big dinner is barbecue salmon. My mother typically makes Salmon in the oven and I was not fond of the way she made it and I realized that my brother makes salmon on the stove and his tastes better. I googled how to make salmon on the stove and all it basically said was to cook it. I ended up free styling and it came out amazing. I buttered the pan and put the salmon in the pan. I seasoned the salmon with many different random spices such as Lawry's seasoned salt, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and butter. I cooked the salmon in a pan with a top directly over the salmon until it was fully cooked, I cut the salmon into pieces and put barbecue sauce in the pan for extra flavor and let it cook for a few more minutes on both sides. Then it was done. I was starving yesterday and my mother told me to make myself something to eat, so I said I wanted nachos and she told me to go make them. So, I did... For the nachos, I am very and do not like extra ingredients such as olives, salsa, lettuce, celery, or guacamole, I decided to keep it simple. I purchased two pounds of extra lean ground beef and put it in a pan. Next, I browned the meat as said on the taco mix packet. I drained the meat and then put it back on the pan after wiping it clean. I mixed in two packets of taco mix and 4/3 cups of water since I used two pounds of meat instead of one. I allowed the sauce to thicken and then the meat was ready. I put the amount of meat I wanted to eat in a bowl and added shredded mild cheddar cheese and put it in the microwave for 20 seconds to allow the cheese to melt. Instead of regular tortilla chips, I decided to use Doritos and proceeded to enjoy my nachos. In class, I began to type out the recipes I used and made up for the last two dishes.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment