Sunday, March 6, 2016

Reflection S2 W3

Christian

            This week, I had a few friends over to watch a Pay Per View showing of a UFC fight between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz. It only made sense to me that I should cook some food for my guests. I talked to my mom about it and she suggested that we make an onion dip for chips and chili for a more hardy meal. I liked the idea of both of them, so I decided to do it. The onion dip was simple to make, but the chili took almost all day to prepare. My moms method required that we slow cook the chili in a crock-pot in order for all of the flavors to soak in. It was seasoned and watched with a careful eye throughout the day, and by the time everyone was over, it was ready. Sadly, McGregor lost, but at least the chili was good! Learning how to use a crock-pot is beneficial to me because in college, I can start cooking something in the morning, do whatever I need to do during the day, and come back to a meal that’s ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment