Sunday, March 13, 2016

REFLECTION 4.0

This week I decided to learn how to cook Corned Beef stew. I ascertained the recipe for the stew through a blog online. In order to ensure that the recipe is valid, I consulted my mother and she gave her approval to the recipe with some minor additions. Additionally, I have tried to take some of the unhealthy ingredients in my cooking out. This week I have been focusing on eliminating butter from dishes and in order to do so I have purchased coconut oil and avocados.Anyway proceeded to make the western African stew and I also made rice to eat with it. The stew and the rice came out really well and tasted fantastic. I found the meal very enjoyable and given that it was my first time coking the stew the quality was surprising. Usually it takes me a few tries before the food tastes how I want it to taste. However this time everything came together and went well I think this shows my progress as a cook and the development of my cooking skills and technique. Below is the link to the recipe I used.
https://kymberlyyvonne.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/ghanaian-corned-beef-stew-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment