Monday, February 8, 2016

Proposal

My proposal for the second half of the year for 20% Time is to manage and run a blog. The blog would consists of posts about political, economic, and social issues. It would allow me a creative outlet to release all the information I absorb on a daily basis, applying my knowledge into something lasting. Hopefully, it will help me become a better writer and it feeds into my interests and my chosen major, political science. It will be a project that will keep me engaged as a second semester senior, and will have tangible progress. I don't want to put a specific number of posts I'd want out in a week, as some will likely be much more involved in terms of details and research, but at least 1 a week is a fair benchmark. I would post the blog posts on some website, and use familial connections and social media to try and advertise the website and get as many views as possible. I'm excited for where I can go with this project, as I know I have a writing flair and the ambition and know how to make this work quite well. Still, there are areas I can improve on when it comes to fully fleshing out ideas on issues, and this is where the project will help me the most; to fully formulate opinions based on facts.

EDIT: The skills I would hope to improve on would be my general knowledge of politics, economics, and social issues. I would also like to improve my writing skills and ability to summarize information effectively and succinctly. I will hope to see to these goals accomplished through my research and repetition in writing.

1 comment:

  1. Be specific. What will you achieve? How will you use your classtime? What will be different about this semester than the first? Focus on a specific, ambitious, goal about research, writing, etc.

    ReplyDelete