Sunday, February 21, 2016

Reflection #1 2/21

Kamryn
Intro to Humanities


          My second semester 20% Project is going to be me learning to bake and cook many new things. I have decided to narrow my project down to learning how to survive at college. I will learn how to make microwavable meals, new meals from leftovers, and how to make dishes for big dinners for a plethora of my dorm mates and friends. This week I did more of researching because before I can start making anything in a microwave I must know what can and cannot be used in a microwave. For example, the following things cannot be put in a microwave.
  • Chinese take-out container
  • paper bags
  • plastic bags
  • newspaper
  • yogurt container
  • styrofoam containers
  • plates with metallic trim
  • many travel mugs (check to see)
  • plastic containers (check to see)
  • aluminum foil
And the following foods cannot be microwaved,
  • hard boiled eggs or shelled eggs
  • grapes and raisins (basically fruit)
  • red sauce (needs a cover)
  • hot peppers
  • celery
  • mushrooms
  • beets
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment