Thursday, February 11, 2016

Drizzy Drake's Proposal #2

This time around, my 20% Time project is going to be learning calligraphy/ typography. My ultimate goal is to create cool designs with letters and calligraphy pens. I think I will do better in this project because it's easier than the last 20% Time project (I completely underestimated the amount of skill and tools I would need) and I will be at home and not in the hospital.

To be successful, I will definitely have to purchase some calligraphy pens, and depending on the brand, are fairly inexpensive. Dedication is also a top priority and without it, I won't go far in this project. I discovered that there are many websites on calligraphy and typography, so obtaining knowledge on this topic won't be an issue.

What makes this project easy is that this project is still artistic, and I won't be completely blind starting this new project. With the last 20% Time, I had to learn about the computer software before I even touched the art program. This semester, I'm using things that are familiar to me, like pens and paper.

The most difficult thing for me will probably be staying on task and obtaining the right tools. My mother likes the art supply store A.C. Moore, so I'll just ask if I can come along the next time she goes out there.

Calligraphy/ typography would be an easy project to take with me anywhere I go because it's quiet and not unlike drawing. I can work on it at home and at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment