Monday, February 8, 2016

Proposal

For this new 20% Time, I want to learn how to cook and bake. I've always had a slight interest in baking, but I only baked simple things like chocolate chip cookies for bake sales. I absolutely can't cook unless its pancakes and eggs. I hope to improve upon my baking skills and take them to a whole other level. I also want to be able to cook a variety of meals for my family and friends. Of course, I would use the help of my mom to guide me in this journey. My initial plan is to create a food blog to post all of the things I make and make weekly posts, though this is still pending. It sounds like a really great idea and is good for keeping everything organized. At the end of this project, I will show the class my food blog and the progress I made. I decided to do cooking/baking for my next 20% Time because it will be useful for me in the future, especially college, and is a way to provide for my family. It will be a good way to give my mom a break from cooking everyday once I know how to cook on my own. Another reason is that I'm obsessed with watching a lot of cooking and baking videos on Youtube, but I never actually make the food. This is my chance to put all the time I spent watching these videos to good use. I believe that this will be a really fun pastime and stress reliever. This is also helpful for Relay for Life, because my team has a lot of bake sales. I can be able to contribute a lot more to the team with this project. The expenses of this project would be going out to buy the ingredients every week, but I think it will be worth it. I've always watched my mom cook, and I think that this will be a good way to know how to cook Filipino (my heritage) food and connect with my culture. I can work on this project both in school and outside of school, though it will mostly be outside. In class I can look up a bunch of potential recipes to make and bookmark them. I will also try to manage my time better than the last 20% and make sure to stay devoted each week. I can't wait to start this project and gain weight from all of the food I'm going to make haha~ Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Is your focus going to be on baking or cooking? It's probably a good idea to plan a specific goal, though you can certainly expand into other areas as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete