Monday, February 15, 2016

REFLECTION 1.0

In order to kick off this semester's proposal, I have decided to review and practicing cooking the foods that I have already learned. Overall, I cooked pancakes, jollof rice, turkey, grilled chicken, and white rice. I was able to cook these foods with a new degree of ease. In addition to that, my mom was able to get her hands on a new container of spice from Ghana. We refer to it as red pepper, and we added it to the jollof rice in an attempt to enhance the taste. After this addition, the joloof rice became more spice and it seemed to enhance the taste of the gravy used to create the jollof rice, which elevated the dish to new heights. As for the grilled the chicken, I tried adjusting the spices I normally use to season the meat by lessening the amount of basic chicken spice I use and increasing the amount of basil and thyme used in the chicken. Afterwards I simply proceeded to bake the chicken at 400 degrees fahrenheit. This variation in spices led to an unbalance in the chicken that I look to improve next time by adding more cumin and pepper. However, next week I will practice cooking spinach stew and white rice. Therefore, I will return to the chicken at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment